Photo. Kit Miller

Sunday 23 June 2019

Cyanotypes on Fabric

New chemicals came in the post and the weather was clear and sunny, so obviously I had to experiment with cyanotypes. I pasted thick solution onto plain fabric and left it in the sun, which lead to a slightly blotchy effect. Carrot leaves under glass made a lovely mask on some pieces.
 The thing that I was most keen to try was cyanotype on rusted tea stained fabric. The colour does not always turn out well. Sometimes they just look murky and rather dull, however there were a few samples where the colour was lovely. More practice is needed to get the combinations right.
 I was hoping that some of the pieces would be suitable for making fabric mushrooms and I think  there are a few that will serve that purpose well.

No comments:

Post a Comment